Tammy Nguyen, DDS
5544 Monterey Road
San Jose, CA 95138
About Our Office
Welcome to Monterey Dental, the award office of Dr. Tammy Nguyen, chosen by the Consumer Research Council of America as America’s Top Dentists in 2009 and 2010. We pride ourselves on making dental v ...
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco-Doctor of Dental Surgery
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo- Bachelor of Sciences, Biochemistry
- Texas Dental License
- Bicon Implant Institute member, Boston, MA
- Perio Institute member
San Jose, CA 95138
Tammy Nguyen, DDS has no appointments available on Book Healthcare.
Rate and Review Tammy Nguyen, DDS
By: Jean Basuil
I've been going to Dr. Tammy for years, and have veen very satisfied with her services. At first I was referred by a co-worker and decided to switch since I was not happy with our previous dentist. Tammy and her staff have taken good care of me and my whole family. She's not just our regular dentist, but she also offers ortho, which is very convenient for me as well as being open on Saturdays to accommodate our busy schedules. Dr. Tammy and her staff are great. I have referred many of my friends to her and will continue to have her as our dentist for years to come. Congratulations Dr. Tammy & staff for NBC's best doctor award! Keep up the good work!
By: Charlene Craig
My husband & I and our 3 children have been patients of Dr. Nguyen for 13 years now. She's always been wonderful at her quality & attention she gives. I'm a life time patient to the great dentist Tammy Nguyen. My children now 16,13 & 8 yrs.old have always been 100% comfortable with Dr. Tammy & we appreciate all she's done for our family. I highly recommend Dr. Nguyen to anyone and everyone needing dental work. We originally drove here from Milpitas, then from San Jose & now we drive all the way to her office from Manteca. Tammy is an extended family member, including all her awsome staff. Charlene Craig
By: Carl Shamblin
I've been with Dr. Tammy since the early 90's and i'm 110% satisfied. My wife & daughter have also been under Dr. Tammy's care since 1997. She's not only our dentist but our friend and she treats us like we're her family. I would highly recommend her to anyone. P.S. She has let us go on the payment plan since I no longer have insurance and has always given me a break on our dental bills. Carl Shamblin
By: Rosemary Anderson
Doctor Tammy Nguyen has changed my husband's views about dentists. He's been very scared about having any work done, but because of her caring and gentle nature, she's changed his outlook. She's so good about understanding how he felt and making sure he was comfortable. The ladies in the office are so nice and helpful. They answer all my questions and go out of their way to find out hard-to-answer insurance questions. This office is outstanding! My husband and I love this place... Christopher & Rosemary Anderson
Welcome to Monterey Dental, the award office of Dr. Tammy Nguyen, chosen by the Consumer Research Council of America as America’s Top Dentists in 2009 and 2010. We pride ourselves on making dental visits a comfortable, pleasant experience for both adults and children. We provide a safe and caring environment where you and your children can feel loved and appreciated. We’re passionate and committed to be the leaders in dentistry through honest, excellent clinical performance and patient satisfaction. We’re pleased to practice the most current innovations in dental technology to help you improve and transform your smile. Whether you need cosmetic treatment, emergency care, preventive care, restorations, dental surgeries, implants, orthodontic (braces- traditional or Invisalign) or a combination of services, we’re always confident and happy to help you achieve and maintain your smile as healthy and radiant as ever! We’re a family-oriented practice, so we look forward to knowing you as a family and friends as well as patients.
Meet the Staff
- Our staff members include Adriana, Bianca, Nhu, Tony who are exceptionally skilled, friendly, and professional. They are prepared to answer your questions and are dedicated to providing a comfortable and enjoyable dental visit for you.
- Supporter of Christian Brothers’ Building a Shelter
- Supporter of Jesuit Immersion Program
Hobbies and Interests
- Spending time with my family and three children Andrew, Breanna, and Brendon
- We’re pleased and confident in providing a full range of dental treatments to both adults and children.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: natural & beautiful porcelain crowns, veneers (no more dark, metal lines around the gum!), aesthetic treatments such as gum recontouring/lifting, laser whitening, bondings, porcelain inlays/onlays, bridges & more.
- Implants: from start to finish, we perform implant placements then fit crowns or bridges and dentures over them. No need for expensive referrals.
- Dentures: complete or partial dentures. No more worry about unnatural-looking, metal wire shown. Your new denture will feel lighter, more flexible, and more comfortable.
- Orthodontic: all phases of braces, including preventive, restorative, surgical treatment such as impacted teeth under or above the gum. We offer both traditional (metal or porcelain brackets) method and Invisalign (invisible aligners)
- Children Dentistry: you can take comfort in knowing that your children will feel special and welcomed in our office. We treat kids of all ages and we’re experienced, tentative, patient and great communicators with kids. Our goal is to build up their trust, confidence, and reduce their anxiety in a comfortable, non-stress environment. Prevention is our primary goal for children. We emphasize continuously on oral/hygiene care and help prevention of tooth decay, and to maintain their smiles as healthy and beautiful as nature intended.
- Gum/Periodontal Treatment: diagnosis and treatment of gum diseases. We offer various techniques (non-surgical, therapeutic such as Arrestin therapy, laser, surgical treatment) tailored to your specific periodontal needs, to eradicate or reduce gum pockets, bleeding, infection, bad breath.
- Fillings: tooth-colored (composite/resin) fillings, beautiful, natural restorations without after-sensitivity.
- Extraction/Oral Surgery: all teeth, simple to most complicated wisdom tooth extractions, difficult, broken, badly-decayed teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment: simple to complicated, multi-rooted front & molar teeth, even re-treatments of old or failed root canals. Most of our patients’ experiences have been pain-free during and after treatment. We also provide Endodontic Microsurgery.
- Oral Cancer Screening: performed at no additional charge during each checkup
- TMJ/Bite & Jaw: diagnosis of any jaw joint dysfunction at no additional charge during each exam. We offer treatments of TMJ with various techniques including therapy.
- We also offer Snoring Aids therapy/devices, sports, and night guards.
- Digital Radiography (X-rays which will reduce radiation to 90%)
- Panoramic radiography
- Digital/Intraoral Camera
- Laser Gum Treatment Technology (soft tissue surgery, treating aphthous ulcers, herpes, gum surgery, contouring, etc.)